Our Heritage


We are a school that has a rich and long history that can be traced back to 1986. Stafford International School is one of the pioneers in the international school arena introducing British Curriculum Education into Sri Lanka as far back as 1986.


Stafford Becomes an Approved Center for Cambridge International Examinations.


Stafford International School offers both Cambridge IGCSE and Edexcel IAL Examinations, being an approved center for both exam Boards.

Our History

Long History of Over 60 years

The Stafford College was founded in 1959, by the well known philanthropist Mr. Felix R. De Zoysa to provide an avenue for higher education for the overflow of students who were capable but unable to gain admission to the government schools in the city. From the very commencement the school proved a success, contributing in a big way to the educational needs in the country. It was granted collegiate status by the Educational Department.

The school is centrally situated in the heart of cinnamon gardens at 37 Guildford Crescent, Colombo – 7, right opposite the cinnamon gardens police station. Tillingham – old colonial building has been demolished and a beautiful new building has taken its place.

Thereafter it became Stafford International School in 1986 becoming one the pioneers to introduce the British National Curriculum.